Monday, April 28, 2014

I'm Going On an Adventure - Bilbo Baggins Convention Swap 2014

 

I made the decision last time I went to Convention that I'd try and make something "New Zealand Inspired"...last time it had Sheep and Mountains and even some NZ Breakfast Tea and Paua shell accents! This time...I decided to embrace The Hobbit and I came up with a couple ideas...but several I did not want to make 150-200 of! It would be insanity! Lol


Here was my first completed idea...this one is a bit wonky as it's the model one...but from this is how I will create the 150+ beautiful ones to swap with my fellow demonstrators!

Here are some of the step by step photos I've been taking...
Everything is cut... Now to score, emboss, fold, stamp, etc! 
150+ Origami Shirts folded - sore fingers, wrists and hands! Probably about 12 hours of folding - including finger stretching exercises :) the Natural Cardstock made it more difficult than regular DSP would be. 

Then came work on the Cherry Cobbler vest. Embossing... Now just some dauber work, tweaking, and pocket and Collar.
While I finished folding, I had my boyfriend's 14 year old daughter score the ribbon banner and punch the ends with a square punch to make the ribbon-like ends... They need dauber work, embossing, and folding now. 

So.... That is the journey so far!!! Hopefully to be completed by next Monday night?!?! Stay tuned! I will update when I'm done! 

19 May 2014 - the swaps are finished and in my suitcase. I changed them a little as well...kept them a bit cleaner. It was a lot of hard work, and I like them...I hope the people I swap with do as well. 

And here is the finished pic :) 
And here's the recipe for it! 
I am so excited...just 2 more sleeps! More like 1 1/2 as I have to check in at the airport at 4 AM! 
I will report back with pics of swaps, new products, projects and memories when I get back! 
Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment