Saturday, March 7, 2015

Colouring Challenge

Since I've been little --- probably since I could hold a crayon, I have loved colouring. I find it soothing, therapeutic, and great therapy...and colours keeps my attention. 

The other day, I stumbled upon this challenge on Instagram. The challenge is to COLOUR! 
Of course I had to try! I'm 2 days in, I'm sure you can jump in anytime! I am, of course, only using Stampin' Up! Products, but think it will help me do what I love and come up with some cool projects as well! I have provided the link so you can get a feel and all the details! 




My friend Jo has LOTS of papercraft supplies and one thing she doesn't enjoy is colouring!!! What?!? So she stamped these non-Stampin'Up! Bears on paper and asked me to colour them. 
This was a great excuse to finally do just that! 
She stamped them on watercolour paper, which I've never coloured on before, 
but I started to like the effect. 

 On the bear, I used my Stampin' Up! Blender Pen, and 3 Stampin' Pads
 (Baked Brown Sugar, Chocolate Chip, and Crumb Cake)

On the car, I used several different colours of Stampin' Up! Blendabilities 
(Coastal Cabana, Basic Grey, and Daffodil Delight...and a lil Melon Mambo)

Today, I started to think outside the box a little. What stamp set don't I use often but could colour in? Point and Click from the Project Life line was the winner. There are so many different shapes to help you with memory keeping, but also card making! I think I'll be trying the rest from that set!!! 


For the "colouring", I used my Stampin' Up! Blender Pen and 3 Stampin' Pads (Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, and Crushed Curry). I stamped the image using Black Tuxedo Memento Ink on Whisper White cardstock.

I then used a strip of Burlap Ribbon, a strip of Basic Black Cardstock, and a small flower made with Crushed Curry Cardstock and the Itty Bitty Punch, topped with a Candy Dot. 

The quick tag also used Memento Ink and Whisper White Cardstock, Baked Brown Sugar Thick Bakers Twine, Note Tag Punch, hole/circle punch, and the FREE Sale-A-Bration "You Brighten My Day" Stamp Set. 

I really like the way it turned out. And it's inspired me to use that stamp set more! Plus, as a bonus, it's the first card I've made since my back surgery!!! It's progress that I could sit that long (Swiss ball as a chair helps lots!) 

Let me know if you've joined the colouring challenge too! 
Be a kid - growing up is a trap! Don't fall for it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment